Definitely MAYbe



There is no maybe about it, it is definitely May. A majestic month I affiliate with flowers and freedom, the knowledge that daisy chains and long Summer days are not too far away. The showers of April have provided plants with the necessary sustenance to grow. Progress is palpable, change is afoot. In line with this, I want to plant the seeds that will help me succeed. Like a sapling that grows into a tree, I want my dream to become a reality. 

“We know what we are but not what we may be.” -William Shakespeare. I have been thinking a lot lately about how I can incorporate more of what I love into my daily life. What would incentivize  you to get out of bed in the morning if you didn’t have a why? I need something to work towards before I take my first step into the day. Something that drives me, motivates me, enthuses me and moves me.


I have been reading a book entitled “100 Things Successful People do.” It provides you with a plethora of thought provoking questions to stimulate your mind and stir you into action. These particular questions piqued my interest:
If money was not an issue, what kind of life and work would you choose to have?
What parts of your life today do you really love and want more of?
What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

This set me thinking, most of us have to work, but there are other hours of the day that belong to us. How can I use these precious pockets of time to progress towards what I truly want?


As I was pondering what I would write about this month, the universe conspired to inspire me. I recently began listening to The Real Health Podcast with Karl Henry and it is filled with insightful fitness tips.  I randomly chose to listen to 4 steps to reset your body, mind, relationships and purpose. In this enriching episode, Dr Rangan Chatterjee discusses frameworks for a productive life with less stress. He has labeled one as the LIFE model. It’s pretty simple: Love, Intent, Visualise and Engage. If we have lost touch with any of these it is vital that we retrace them.


I then chose another episode to listen to as I began typing my thoughts. This one featured the immensely inspiring Mark Pollock. Like a vibrant violin, the opening lines really struck a chord with me. It was a quote by Nietzsche taken from one of the most monumental memoirs of the last century, if not all time: “Man’s Search For Meaning” by Victor Frankl. “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.”

Take a moment to check in with yourself, are you lounging through life or are you attempting to take flight? You might have a few stopovers to make but you will eventually reach your destination. Do whatever it takes to gain the passport to your success. (Ok, I'm done Hea-throwing aviation puns around now, I promise😅) In short, ask yourself the following: If not now, when? If not you, who? The very definition of the word May is expressing possibility, what better time to start?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be (in)credible

Stretching Myself: Becoming a Yoga Teacher